Monday, November 9, 2009

Bye Bye Happy Truck

The Happy Truck came about as a fun "temporary" fix when Jay's truck got old-ish and needed to be fixed. He turned some of the grandkids loose with some paint and let them play. What they came up with was some happy faces, some bits of wisdom and the title "Happy Truck". It got so much favorable attention, he never did paint over it except for the rear fender. By the time this picture was taken, the rear fender had been painted over because of some more damage that ruined the picture. But the other side still looked "original". I took these pictures of Jay working with the truck in Richfield, as he was fixing up the patio area of his apartments. He was so proud of all the things he could do with that little truck. After a year of helping bring lots of lumber and other supplies to the "new" house in Sandy, the poor little truck got tired and simply stopped working. A couple of mechanics examined him and declared him officially "dead". So we placed him in the back yard where the grandkids could still enjoy playing in and on him for another year or so. Izabel got to play in the truck with Grandpa when Tammy came for a visit this Summer. (She really needs to fix the date on her camera.) I tried to take pictures of the truck actually leaving on the wrecker, but all three of the pictures I took came out blurry. I don't know why, they are all the same - one big blur. Maybe it would have been too traumatic for Jay to see it being carried away.

1 comment:

Pam said...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH Gone for good? That's too bad. It's always hard to say goodbye to originals. I really hated to see the truck go that I had camoflaged for Will.
Everybody in Cedar KNEW who that truck belonged to. Now we are just like the rest of Cedar going down the road.