I haven't posted anything here for a long time. I look at Pam's cute page and all the pictures of family events she posts, and it's so cute I want to do it too. But none of my family looks at this, except Shannon once in a while. So maybe I'll just post things here that Pam might see, since all my family uses Facebook to post pictures, and Pam will never see them. So Pam, I guess this is for you.
This is Tiarra, Staci's new little baby girl. She was born in April, and was in danger. After the birth, she seems to be fine, but now Staci is in danger. I don't remember the name of the problem, but she'll be taking blood thinners and other things for several months. Kinda scary. But this is probably the only baby she'll ever be able to have. She's really a blessing, and a very loved and appreciated baby.
Shannon and Teagan have been watching the cake decorating contests on the food network. Teagan saw them make some purse cakes and asked Shannon to make her one for her birthday. So this is what she came up. I thought she did a pretty good job. I don't think I would have ever tried it.
They had a room full of balloons, including some of the kind with an elastic that you bounce off your hand. We started with just them, then sometimes there were as many as 8 balloons in the air at a time.
Look how happy she is, and how happy everyone else is, too. It was so much fun!! James even told Shannon later that it was the most fun he'd ever had at a birthday party.
I got a kick out of how Larry crowded Fay into the corner of the couch until she asked him to move over because "it's getting really warm". He moved about 4 inches. He was so afraid he might touch Jay or something. I think that's funny. Oh, well.
At first, Jay was sitting in the other corner of the couch, next to me. But then he couldn't hear James' dad talking to him, so he moved over where he could talk to him. While he was there, Larry and Fay came in. I was talking to Fay about the update on what was happening at Atria since I left - who had moved out, died, etc. Jay doesn't remember names, so he doesn't give me good info. She told me some great news about a couple of ladies who had and were going to go to the temple for the first time. She had been giving them the preparation lessons, then gets to go with them when they go through. That's so neat, especially with the ones she told me about. They are both ladies that I just LOVE! I'm so happy for them.











3 comments:
Cute BABY! I hope she gets her blood taken care of. We sure worried with Jazzy's infection. The CAKE is outstanding! What creativity!
The balloon game is a favorite with ours kids at birthday parties. There's ALWAYS 3 or 4 going on all the time. Parties are sure fun and lively things.
Thanks for doing a blog just for little ole me! I love blogging. They make GREAT books. See you soon!
That sure was a fun party! Sorry you got such a bad picture of the cake. Do you want me to send you some better quality ones? :)
Sure, if you have some. I thought these were good. But if you have better ones, let's see 'em!
Post a Comment