Wow. I learned a lot about my husband's family yesterday. Most of it I already knew, but hearing them tell their life experiences with their mother at her funeral was enlightening. I haven't felt so much love for and because of someone in a long time, I guess since my own mother's funeral.
So here are some highlights. I apologize for the bad pictures, these are just from my cell phone. There were a lot of others taken by those with good cameras, but as usual, I forgot to take my better one.
For starters, let's show you how I remember her. She was "only" 94 here, with Brittney at Atria.
Here is her Funeral Program. You can see how she looked when she was younger. I never knew her when she looked like this, but you can still see the twinkle in her eye, and her personality spark.
They released about 100 balloons, to represent all her grandchildren. All the kids and some of the adult grandchildren got to release one. That was really special for them all.
When I get some better ones from other family members, I'll post them.
These are the beautiful flowers sent by my kids. Jay took the ones we sent to church this morning and put them on the stand. We probably won't get them back. The reason neither of them went to the cemetery was their containers. This one is in a glass vase, and the other one is in a basket. They only take the ones in the "funeral" white pots to the cemetery. Now we know.
Thanks to all who came, sent flowers, brought food, and helped in any way, and for your support. Much love to all.








2 comments:
The balloons are a really great idea. I'll have to remember that.
I love the balloon idea. I am requesting that for my funeral. =) It sounds like it was a nice service.
Post a Comment