Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can I change my mind again?

OK, so maybe I will put some political stuff here.  And spiritual stuff.  The other site has turned into a mostly business site, where you can order things.  This will be my personal one, and sometimes my opinions and feelings might spill over.  This will mostly be for posting pictures, but also for expressing how I feel about things that are going on in my life.

Like for instance, I had to miss church again today.  I have told my boss that I need to stop working on Saturdays, because it wipes me out for Sunday.  Jay said that if I can't quit working on Saturdays, I would have to just quit altogether.  It's not worth it.  So they are really trying to find someone to take over my Saturdays, and maybe I'll work on Wednesdays or something.  As much as I need the hours, I can't seem to handle the longer shift on Saturdays.  I hate getting old, it's not comfortable.


But while I'm at work, I love it - most of the time.  It's the first job I've ever had that I always come home feeling like I've helped someone that day.  Sometimes it's frustrating too, with some difficult residents who are going through a tough time, but even then, learning how to handle each one is a new accomplishment. 

The hard part is watching them grow older, and becoming more infirmed, or more senile, and sometimes both.  I realize I'm not that much younger than they are, and with all my own ailments, knowing full well I may have to go down the same path they are treading, is hard sometimes.

But, we never know what life will hold, and I am so grateful for all my blessings.  I have the sweetest husband on earth, and wonderful children and grandchildren.  I also have some terrific friends, and I am grateful for you all, and all you contribute to my life.  I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope you can get your schedule worked out. That really is a good job for you. And you definitely are helping people. You are awesome Mom! Love ya!

Sherrie said...

Awww. Thank you, Sweetheart. Love you too.