Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July! First party on the new deck!

Finally got some of the pictures from the 4th!  Thanks, Shannon!

I had some cute captions for some of these, but the program wouldn't let me separate the pictures to put comments between them.  I know I've done it before, but this time it's not cooperating.

The deck doesn't look as good as it will when it gets stained, but it sure is nice.  The guys came right up with their canopies and made shade.  I had thought about it and wondered what we would do about that, but they (Steve and Ken) just came with them and put them up, including the umbrella over the food.  Cool.

Phil, Ken and Steve did most of the grilling, but everything else came pre-made.  I don't know why I should be so amazed at all this, but since I wasn't feeling well enough to actually do much, it was nice that they just came and did it all, and much faster than I could have.

Jay was a good host though, moving around constantly to do things and help.  He even had to unclog a toilet at one point.  All in all, it was a very good day.  Thanks, kids!

-----

4 comments:

Shannon said...

It was a fun party! Thanks for hosting! And sorry about the quality of the pictures. I let Madison use my camera while we were camping, and she managed to do something to it. It doesn't even work half of the time. I guess it's time for a new camera. Dang it! (wink wink)

Sherrie said...

Actually, the only thing wrong with the pictures, is that you aren't in any of them! We'll have to do something about that next time. ;D

grandmabish said...

OK...so I am jealous of your new deck!

Rose said...

looks like you all had a great time sorry we had to miss it.